This is a progress report for my Biphasic Sleep 30 day experiment.
First 3 Hour Nap: 5 AM – 8AM. Was out a little late and didn’t get to bed until 5 AM. I still took a 3 hour nap.
Second 3 Hour Nap: 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM. Since I took my first nap late, I only slept for an hour and a half during my second nap.
Biphasic Sleep Variables
- Mental Alertness. I was very mentally alert throughout the day. I would say I’m certainly as alert as I was with a regular full night sleep.
- Physical Energy. Feeling very energetic. It seems that all the fatigue and muscle ache is gone. I only slightly feel it during my weight lifting workouts.
- Emotional State. Nothing interesting to report, felt great throughout the day.
- Productivity. This was more of a relaxing day for me. However I still got to do a lot.
- Food & Water Consumption. I consumed a normal amount of food. I was still a bit thirsty throughout the day and therefore consumed more water than I usually would. I’m noticing if I’m not careful about consuming plenty of water, my mouth really dries up.
- Eye Redness/Irritation. My eye redness/irritation is decreasing.
- Social Life Impact. Not that big of an impact. Since I can take a nap an hour or two later, or cut down a 3 hour nap to 1.5 hours, it seems like I have more than enough flexibility.
Other Biphasic Sleep Observations
- Dry Skin. My skin is feeling more moisturized. The skin dryness is 75% gone.